About Philadelphia, PA, USA
Philadelphia is at the center of it all. It is easy and affordable to get here. Conveniently located in the Northeast United States, the fifth-most populous city in the nation is just 90 minutes from New York City and two hours from Washington, D.C., by train.
Philadelphia International Airport serves more than 120 cities worldwide with 1,400 daily flights, including 120 international flights. The regional public transportation system – ranked second in the nation among cities with more than 1 million residents – provides quick and easy access to the city from the surrounding metropolitan area.
You will be captivated by our 21st-century city where an inspired, young, creative culture is blooming and partnering with innovators and educators. With a spirit of independence, the city and region are giving birth to a new generation of energized people designing this Modern Renaissance City.
Feel like a Philadelphian as you walk day and night through the vibrant streetscape and immerse yourself in America’s Old and New World. Picturesque and friendly streets are lined with parks, rivers, shops, public art, restaurants and museums. Everything is within walking distance from downtown.
Philadelphia by the Numbers:
- 3rd most populous downtown in the country
- 4th largest media market in the U.S.
- 5th largest city in the country
- city population: 1,526,006
- regional population: 6,103,428
- 47 million people live within 200 miles
Get to know PHL:
- World-class museums including one of the largest collections of Rodin’s sculptures outside Paris.
- One of the nation’s most walkable cities – and one of the best mass-transit networks.
- Second-largest medical research and education center in the United States.
- Mural capital of the world with more than 3,000 indoor and outdoor murals created by the city’s Mural Arts Program
Weather / Cherry Blossom Festival:
In Philadelphia, spring is the time for the Cherry Blossom Festival. With mild April temperature between 43°F/6°C degrees to 62°F/16°C degrees, it’s the time for honoring Japan’s 1926 gift of 1,600 flowering cherry trees to the City of Philadelphia. The Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia is an action-packed series of events organized in March and April every year. The celebration of Japanese arts and culture erupts during Sakura Sunday, a day under the wonderful blossoms packed with special activities and performances, including numerous demonstrations, crafts, picnicking, dancing, a fashion show, and much more. Join the Japanese-style revelry or just chill with your family or friends under the cherry blossoms in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia!
For more information on Philadelphia, visit the Philadelphia’s Official Global Convention & Visitors Site at