UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH BUILDING
421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA, USA 19104
The Penn campus was developed on the open fields of West Philadelphia in the 1870's and has evolved within the City to the present day campus of approximately 300 acres. Within it are over 180 buildings and almost 100 acres of maintained landscapes such as refined open lawns, gardens, and athletic fields.
The Biomedical Research Building, designed by Perkins + Will, with Francis, Cauffman, Foley, Hoffmann Architects, is one of the largest on campus, containing nearly ten acres of work space. The windows on the east, west, and south sides are inset in a ‘honeycomb’ pattern. The second-story bridges connect to adjacent buildings from the west wing of the tower and the northern end of the bookstore annex.