Call for Abstracts
- Animal Models
- Face Allotransplantation
- Follow up of VCA Recipients
- Hand and Arm Transplant
- Immunosuppression, Immunology and Tolerance
- Nerve Regeneration
- Outcomes - Failures
- Pediatric VCA
- Protocols and/or Outcomes
- Psychiatric/Psychosocial Evaluation
- Skin Transplant
- UNOS and OPI Issues
- Upper Extremity Allotransplantation
- Uterine Transplantation
- Other VCA
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent to submitted author by February 17, 2015. Scheduling details and instructions for presentations will be included with this correspondence.
- Submissions not conforming to established guidelines will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be concise and informative.
- Abstracts stating merely that the results will be presented or discussed are considered uninformative and will be subject to rejection.
- All abstracts must be submitted through the online form.
- Please be sure your abstract is in final form. It will appear in the Final Program as you have submitted it.
- Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Statement: All authors must disclose conflicts of interest. The electronic submission process will not allow abstracts to be submitted without this information being completed for each author.
- Size: The maximum length allowed for an abstract is 2,500 characters.
- Title: Abstract title must be in sentence case. DO NOT type in uppercase. Only cap the first word and proper nouns. Do not indent. Title should be concise and indicate the content of the abstract.
- Authors: Take care to list the authors in the relevant section of the submission site. Spell out completely the names of all authors using full first and last names. Maintain consistency in author names on multiple abstracts to avoid duplication in the Author Index. Enter all the institutions of all the authors (i.e. Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA)
- Presenting Author: In all printed publications the presenting author will be underlined. Please note: Because of production deadlines, as of March 9, 2015, any changes to the presenting author will not be reflected in the Final Program.
- Body of Abstract: The abstract should be informative and detailed.
- It is NOT acceptable to state that "The results will be discussed." Inclusion of specific data is necessary for reviewers.
- Indicate the major new findings of the study.
- Standard abbreviations may be used as follows: on first use, spell out the full term and follow with abbreviation in parentheses.
- The use of tables, graphs and other types of images in abstracts is discouraged. Should you need to add tables and figures, you must reference them in the body of your abstract and upload a maximum of two images, figures or graphs under the abstract body box.
- Topic List: Authors must select an abstract topic (only one) from the provided list.
- The use of trade names, company identifications or product names is discouraged.
- Oral Abstract Presentation
Abstract accepted for Oral Abstract Session will have 10 minutes presentation, followed by 2 minutes question time.
- Mini-Orals Presentation
Abstract accepted for Mini-Orals will have 5 minutes presentation, followed by 2 minutes question time.
- Poster Presentation