TTS Young Investigator Scientific Award
The TTS Young Investigator Scientific awards are designed to help offset expenses incurred to attend the IHCTAS Congress and are awarded based on the scientific merit of applicants. Therefore, recipients must attend the meeting in order to receive the grant. If an awardee is selected for a scientific award, but do not attend the meeting, the monies of the award will be forfeited.
To be eligible for a scientific award, an individual must:
- Submit at least one abstract as a presenting author.
- Be a trainee. As such, must be within two (2) years of completion of their training and/or fellowship.
- Be a member of TTS and IHCTAS. If an applicant is not a member of The Transplantation Society, a membership application must be completed on the TTS website, www.tts.org/join‑tts and accepted in order for the award application to be reviewed and considered. The membership application must be prior to applying for the award.
- A supporting letter must be submitted as a part of the travel grant application. This letter must be signed by the applicant's Training Program Director to verify the grant applicant’s status as a young investigator. Authors will not be considered for an award if the required letter is not sent. The grant applicant MUST be the presenting author. No exceptions will be made.
- Attend the IHCTAS Business meeting scheduled during the Congress to receive the award.
Process for awarding the grant:
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract's degree of excellence (top score), as determined by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Every effort will be made by the Section to award at least one scientific award to an applicant from each of the six TTS geographic regions. The geographic regions are North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East & Africa and Oceania.
- Awards may not exceed a maximum amount of $2,000 USD per awardee.
How to Apply
- Create user in the Conference Management System at https://cm.ihctas2015.org
- Complete your profile information
- Submit your abstract
- On your dashboard, you will see a box indicating "Travel Grant". Click on the box and complete the requested information.